WooCommerce is a powerful ecommerce platform that allows you to create and manage your own online store. It’s a popular choice for businesses of all sizes, because it’s fast, reliable and easy to customize. In this article, we’ll take a look at what WooCommerce is and how it works. We’ll also look at some of the features that make it stand out from the crowd. So without further ado, let’s begin!
Subscribe to My Youtube Channel for WordPress Tips and Updates
Introduction to Woo Commerce
WooCommerce is an intuitive plugin that powers the ecommerce websites of over 50% of all online stores today. Created by Automatic (a WordPress plugin development company), WooCommerce is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide, including big names like Adidas, Sony Music, IKEA, Dell and Tesla. And since it is open source, anyone can download and use it free of charge. This means that there is no barrier to entry for small businesses interested in selling online. Of course, many people use WooCommerce as part of a fully hosted or managed ecommerce platform as well.
History of Woo Commerce
WooCommerce started as a fork of the Jigoshop ecommerce plugin for WordPress in 2011. It then became a commercial project in early 2012 when Automattic bought the plugin and hired WooThemes to develop it into a full-fledged ecommerce platform. Since then, they have released a number of major updates, making it easier than ever to build an online store and manage your products. In 2015, they released WooCommerce 3.0 – the first version of the plugin to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. This has allowed developers to create more powerful and versatile products than ever before.
Features of Woo Commerce
WooCommerce offers a rich feature set that makes it stand out from the crowd. Here are some of the features that set it apart from other ecommerce platforms:
- Flexible Payment Options: With WooCommerce, you can offer your customers a variety of different payment options, from credit cards to PayPal and even gift cards. It integrates with the most popular payment gateways in the industry, so you never have to worry about losing customers due to limited payment options.
- Multilingual Stores: Since WooCommerce is available in more than 20 languages, you can easily translate your site to better serve an international audience. If multilingual functionality is important to you, you’ll want to make sure that your store is powered by WooCommerce.
- Easy Customization: WooCommerce features an intuitive dashboard that lets you customize your website however you like. It also comes with hundreds of free and paid extensions that you can use to further enhance the functionality of your store. Best of all, most of the themes and plugins available through the official marketplace are SEO-friendly and easy to use. This makes it easy to launch a website that ranks well on search engines such as Google and Bing.
- Mobile-Ready: Your customers will be accessing your website from many different devices, so it’s important that your online store looks and functions the same way on all platforms. This is why WooCommerce offers responsive themes that automatically adjust to any screen size. It also works with all mobile devices, so customers can browse and purchase your products from their phones and tablets.
- Endless features with Extentions: WooCommerce also have many extentions available, by using that extentions you can create a next level E-Commerce Website. The extentions are very helpful while installing in few clicks only. The extentions developed by WooCommerce itself are easy to download and install in the site.
What types of websites you can develop using Woo Commerce?
It can be used to create an online store for any type of product including physical products, digital products such as music, videos or e-books, or even services that can be sold through an online storefront. Businesses of all sizes can benefit from a WooCommerce-powered online store.
You can create a Online Fashion store, Clothes Store, Bags Shop, Shoes Store, etc. You can also create online stores for various products under different categories like Jewellery store, Menswear store, Womenswear store, and more….
Apart from this if you have to sell virtual products like images, E-Books, Software and Digital certificates, then you can also easily create a eCommerce website with Woocommerce as it has different Virtual Product extensions available in Market.
And the best part is that you can also create a Multi Vender Websites using Woo Commerce. By installing some additional plugins we can easily get the functionality of Multivendor websites in WooCommerce without writing a single peice of code.
Can you choose Woo Commerce for your Business ?
WooCommerce gives businesses the flexibility to choose a theme that best suits their needs and their brand. These themes can easily be changed at any time to reflect the latest changes in branding and website design trends. Any business can make use of WooCommerce as it is easy to setup and easy to manage. Whether you’re a small business owner or a sole proprietor selling handcrafted items on Etsy, or you’re an established brand setting up your own online store for the first time, WooCommerce is the right choice for you.
So if your looking for SEO Friendly WordPress themes then use Woocommerce for your website because Woocommerce is based on WordPress which is the most SEO friendly platform available on the internet as of today.
Hope now you got the complete details about Woo Commerce and why you should use Woo Commerce to build your next Ecommerce Website…..