Learn WordPress Web Design - The Complete Guide
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in use today. It’s free and easy to use, making it a great platform for web designers. In this article, we’ll learn everything you need to know about Learn WordPress Web Design.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a CMS that allows you to create and manage beautiful, functional websites without having to write any code yourself. It allows users to edit content and create new posts without the need for any technical skills.
WordPress is open source software that can be downloaded from the WordPress.org website for free. It’s one of the most popular CMS platforms in the world with over 30% of the web powered by it! Here are just a few statistics for WordPress:
- Over 28 million sites are using WordPress as of 2019.
- Over 60% of sites using WordPress have more than 500 pages.
- Over 56% of top 10 million websites are using WordPress
This means that if you’re looking to design your own website, there’s a good chance that you’re going to need at least basic WordPress knowledge. In this guide, you are going to get the complete details that how you can Learn WordPress Web Design.
How to start to Learn WordPress Web Design
Before getting hands on with WordPress you need to know where to get hand on WordPress Design and How to get started to Learn WordPress Web Design: There are lot of tutorials, videos and step by step guides that you will find across the internet that will teach you WordPress from beginning to the end. However the most important thing is that you start with the basics of WordPress to start with. You can find the Complete WordPress Tutorials Here.
Once you have gained enough confidence you can create your website on your own. The first step to creating your first website is to choose a theme for your WordPress site. A theme is one of the most important thing to Learn WordPress Web Design. It is the software that controls the way your WordPress site looks. There are two kinds of themes available for WordPress sites. Those themes that are specifically designed for particular types of websites and those that can be used for all kinds of websites.
The themes that you use for a basic WordPress site are called multi-purpose themes. For creating a WordPress site you will need either a free WordPress theme or a premium one. There are many free WordPress themes available on the Internet. However the quality of the free WordPress themes tends to be lower than that of the premium ones. The best way to find a good premium WordPress theme is to search for the top selling ones and then go through their reviews and customer feedback to find out if they are the right option for you. Once you select a theme the next step is to install it on your site and configure it to suit your needs.
When you set up a WordPress site there are certain features that you need to have in order to make your site work effectively. These features need to be added through the WordPress theme that you are using and this process is called customization. The main customization options are menus, widgets, layout and color scheme. Most of these options come pre-built into the WordPress themes and you will be able to access them from the Appearance section of the dashboard. If you want to make changes to these settings you will need to use the Customizer feature of the WordPress Themes. This option allows you to make changes in real time without having to make a copy of your site each time you want to update them.
After choosing the theme, now it’s turn to choose some good Plugins for your Website. It’s very important to add Plugins for your website to run successfully. It will save your time as well as money, as you don’t have to add codes for single task plugins manually in HTML code of your website. Basically by using plugins you can increase the features of your website without any code editing and website design knowledge. Using the right plugin can significantly enhance your website and help in growing your business.
There are thousands of WordPress plugins available on WordPress.org which you can download for free and use on your website. When choosing a plugin you should make sure that it offers all the features that you require. A plugin should always improve the functionality of your website and make it easier for you to manage the site. Some good examples of useful plugins include BackupBuddy, Akismet, All in One SEO Pack, Contact Form 7, UpdraftPlus and Yoast SEO.
After choosing themes and plugins for your website now it’s turn to design your own website. You should always focus on creating a simple and elegant looking website as it will draw your visitors’ attention and make them want to stay on your website for a longer period of time. Websites with complex layouts are more likely to confuse visitors and cause them to leave the site quickly. Your main goal should be to create a site that is visually appealing and easy to navigate. Here are some helpful tips that you can use when designing your website:
- Create a Minimalist Design: The best websites have a minimalist design as they are easy on the eyes and visitors can easily navigate through the site without getting distracted. Avoid using too many colors and graphics as they will only distract the visitor from important content on your site. Stick to one or two colors to keep the design simple and avoid using flashy images as they only cause clutter on the page.
- Organize Your Content: Make sure that all the pages on your site are properly organized so your visitors can find the information they are looking for easily. Make sure that the menus are structured properly and have clear labels so that people can find what they are looking for without having to search for it on the site. Make the content on the homepage clean and attractive so that visitors can see what your site is all about without scrolling down through the page. Use white space wisely and organize the different elements on your page to make the site look less cluttered.
- Optimize Your Page Speed: Studies have shown that over 40% of visitors abandon a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load. By optimizing your page speed you will be able to reduce the bounce rate and boost the conversion rate of your website. Make sure to use high-quality images as large images can slow down your page speed considerably. You can also make use of a caching plugin on your site to increase the loading speed and reduce bandwidth usage. After creating your website make sure to checkout this video to get the complete details on How to increase your website speed. Website speed Optimizating plays an important role when you Learn WordPress Web Design.
After you have designed your Website, now its time to make the website live. To make a website live you need a Domain Name and Hosting.
What is Domain Name ?
A domain name is the unique name that identifies your website. When someone enters your domain name into their browser they are automatically redirected to your website. For example, when a visitor types “www.example.com” into their browser they are redirected to www.example.com. Your domain name needs to be unique so that it can be distinguished from other websites. Choose a unique domain name for your website that reflects your business, industry or brand so that people can easily identify your site. You can get your domain from websites like Godaddy.
What is Hosting ?
“Hosting is a place where you can place the content of your website so it is available for visitors to see when they enter your domain name into their browser.” The hosting service provider stores your website files and data and makes it accessible to visitors when they enter your domain name into their browser. You can get hosting from websites like Hostinger.
After your website is live make sure to test your website on real devices and also fix any issues that you may encounter before launching your website to the public. To run a website smoothly you need to check the load speed of your site on real devices and check if the site loads properly on different browsers.
In this article you have learned all the complete details on the topic “Learn WordPress Web Design”. Once you have performed all the above steps and have been comfortable with WordPress Dashboard, then you can checkout some Advance Tutorials of WordPress.
Hope you like this article and got the complete details on Learn WordPress Web Design. If you like this article please share it with your friends on social media and let them know about this website.